I was going to get my dear husband to write a post for Father’s Day, but since it’s his day I’m not going to harass him to do ‘work’ this afternoon. Sadly this means that I haven’t had the chance to think of anything witty or humorous to write about fathers and fatherhood, so you’re stuck with whatever I can come up with off the top of my head.
We’ve got little, high maintenance aged midgets, plus we live far away from our own fathers, so at this stage we (read ‘I’) do not do a big celebratory event for F-Day. For those who are into making a BIG DEAL about this sort of thing, here are some cool ideas of ways you could celebrate father’s day.
- Bake a huge cake and have your children jump out of it yelling ‘surprise!”
- Stock the kiddie pool with fish and let daddy stay fishing in the back yard.
- Hire a babysitter for the afternoon, rent a hotel room for a few hours, and watch some uninterrupted sports on TV. Because what father wouldn’t enjoy some peace and quiet with a big game on.
- Rent a hot tub for the evening. Don’t let the kids go in it.
- Get him a manicure. They’re for men right? They are called man-icures.
Okay, that’s all I got. I’m pretty tired out right now. We let daddy sleep in 2 mornings in a row. Around here that’s a pretty BIG DEAL.