So now that we’ve finally had summer worthy weather in our neck of the woods, we’ve spent the entire weekend outside. I love summer!
A few of my favorite things about summer include:
- Eating outside. Which means that there’s no need to clean up all of the food that fell on the ground.
- Bare feet. I get tired of trying to keep my kids still long enough to get their socks and shoes on to play outside. In summer, I don’t have to bother.
- Pool time equals bath time, sort of. I figure a rinse off is almost as good as a bath. If the kids are out in the kiddie pool multiple times a week, then they don’t really need a bath quite so badly.
- Afternoon drinks. In winter it seems a little too lushy to be breaking out the alcohol after lunch. In summer, out on the back deck, it’s perfectly acceptable.
- Fresh air is excellent for exhausting children. By bedtime they crash and sometimes they even sleep in after having a full day outside.
- Popsicles and ice cream. We only eat them in summer, outside. Then when the kids are all good and sticky, we toss them in the pool to clean up.
- Extra hours of daylight. I love having some daylight left after the kids go to bed.
What do you love about summer?