Time for a Miracle

Warning: This post contains foul language without humor.

I am writing this in the Vancouver airport as I wait for my connecting flight. My youngest brother is in the hospital. This morning I got the call to come home to see him. Cancer is kicking his ass. He just turned 29.

I am going home to be the ‘strong one’ for my parents and my brother’s wife. My other brother will be coming home, hopefully the same day I fly back to my own little family, to take over the position of the ‘strong one.’

There is still time for a miracle but it’s not looking good. I may be back in this airport in another few weeks on the way to a funeral.

Fuck you cancer.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Time for a Miracle

1. mrs.d says:

I’m so sorry! Death & cancer do suck. Praying for your miracle – and to give you strength.

2. Cancer sucks! You are a wonderful person for being ‘the strong one’. I have been in those shoes. My heart goes out to you and your family.

• Thank you. I figure if I can remain in the ‘anger’ stage of grief I’ll be able to cope with everyone else’s stages of grief.

• I can only speak for myself because we will never know how another is feeling even if you have ‘been in their shoes’, but I was able to hold it together in front of everyone by doing the same thing. Someone has to be strong and like I said, I applaud you for being the one. It will help everyone but I also felt alone. Hugs

3. Kathy V. says:

I’m so sorry. Much love and healing vibes to your brother, to you, and to your whole family. And extra hugs just for you, because it’s so, so hard to be the strong one.

4. Total absolute suckage. And 29? WTF. Feel for you.

5. Teresa Cleveland Wendel says:

So sorry. I have so many friends who have fought this. I’m waiting for my turn. Thinking of you and your brother, my cyber-friend.

6. coversaralea says:

I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you, your brother and your family!

7. Momma E. says:

Just found out my younger sister has breast cancer. Surgery next week. I heartily agree FUCK YOU CANCER indeed!

8. unfinishedbizness says:

I’m gonna throw up a big FUCK YOU CANCER as well! I hope someone is being strong for you too. And it’s always okay to cry. Much love to your family ❤

9. meldirks says:

Thanks for all of your help Robin!!!! Jay was very happy to see you.There are still people praying all over the world for him….
    Here’s hoping…