The Poo is not Lonely: Monday Quotes #21

The poo is not lonely, it has pee to play with. My 4-year-old son.

“Do you want to see my poo?” called my son to his little sister. Half a second later I heard little footsteps running toward the bathroom. Clearly seeing big brothers toilet offerings is worth dropping everything for!

From the other room I could hear that they were talking about something very earnestly. I can only assume it was concern for the lone poo floating in the toilet, as my son’s reassuring comment to his sister was, “the poo is not lonely, it has pee to play with.”

Good to know.

This entry was posted in Conversations with children, Monday Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Poo is not Lonely: Monday Quotes #21

1. Teresa Cleveland Wendel says:

What is it with guys and their poo, and why would they think we’d be interested in seeing it? Apparently it starts at a very young age.

2. HA HA! That conversation could have taken place in my house.

My daughter has to always come and tell all of us what size and shape her poo is, of course with her constipation issues it’s always a big thing when she goes. 🙂

• dirtyrottenparenting says:

It’s such an uncomfortable obsession. I guess I should be happy that my kids a so compassionate that they’re even concerned about whether or not the poo is lonely.

3. danajoward says:

Out of the mouths of babes! Wonderful post… I have this to look forward too when my grand-baby comes to visit.. Thank you for sharing and I am glad poo was not alone 🙂

4. Alias M. says:

My son is just about to turn into a year old so in our case, it’s the daddy who gets excited when he sees poop in the diapers. “Look at the baby poop!!!” He’d say with delight. Then he would expect me to drop whatever it is I am doing during that time and to ooh and ahh at the soiled nappy!

• dirtyrottenparenting says:

I remember those days! As parents, we’re slightly less obsessed with poo. But the kids are making up for it.

5. Becky Hagan says:

Hahaha! You gotta love boys!