We are not a nudist household by any stretch, although both husband and son have serious exhibitionist tendencies. Fortunately my husband has learned, more or less, when it is not okay to take off his pants. This is a lesson my son still needs to learn.
He will be going to kindergarten in September. I think that now is probably time to start having the “When not to take off your pants” discussions.
Kids at this age tend to be very literal, so it’s important to be specific about pretty much everything. In order to make sure I have all my bases, and his buttocks, covered, I am preparing a list of places and times where he is not supposed to take off his pants.
When not to take off your pants:
- In the grocery store or any other store, or restaurant.
- At school. Unless you are in a change room or bathroom stall and are changing because you have soiled your pants and are planning to put on a new pair of pants.
- At home when we have guests over. Unless you are in your room and no guests in there and you are changing because I told you to do so.
- On your way to the bathroom.
- At the playground. Unless daddy or I have directed you to go pee in the bushes, in which case you should wait until you are actually in the bushes before you take off your pants.
- In McDonald’s Playland.
- In the front yard.
- At the beach. We will make sure you have proper swimwear which is intended to get wet. Do not take off your trunks just because they are wet, they will dry.
- Beside the swimming pool. Please wait until we get into the change rooms before you start stripping down.
- At the dinner table. While I understand that you do not wish to take a single bite out of the new menu item that we have so unfairly introduced, stripping is not an appropriate form of protest, nor will it get you out of having to try a bite.
I’m fairly sure that I’ve missed countless places that should be included on this list. Care to share some other places or times when one should not take off their pants?