Being a parent has taught me that there are so many things I will never ever understand in this world. It has also taught me that sometimes there is absolutely no reason behind something.
Here are just a few of the things I don’t understand:
- Why, when I bring you the exact thing you’re asking for, you yell ‘no’ and throw it on the floor?
- Why does your cup have to be at the very edge of the table for the entire meal?
- How do you lose 6 pairs of mittens in one month?
- Why do you always poop in your diaper immediately after I’ve put a new one on you?
- Why do you want to watch “The Incredibles” again?
- Why did you put all of the toilet paper in the toilet bowl again? How much tp does it take to wipe your very small behind?
- How did you get jam on your shins?
- Why do you suddenly not like peanut butter on your toast?
- Why can’t you put your own shoes on at home but you can do it at daycare every day?
- Why do you have to watch me go to the bathroom? It’s not that interesting.
- Why won’t you let me comb your hair?
- Why do you always have to dump all of the sand outside the sandbox?
- How does Dora get all of that stuff to fit in her backpack?
Children are puzzling.