For those of you who have a hard time getting it together enough to bring Valentine crap to your kids’ class or daycare, here is the solution of the decade! Home-made Valentine Cards that even the most uncrafty mom can accomplish! Trust me, I know. I suck at crafts.
Besides, why are you making your kids’ cards? Shouldn’t they be doing that sort of thing for themselves?
- Red Paper
- Dark Colored Marker
- Optional: Stickers & Crayons
- Fold your paper in 4 and unfold
- Draw a heart in each square
- Cut along the folded lines
- Optional Step – let your kids put stickers on the hearts
- Optional Step – write the names of the recipients on the cards
- Use Word and insert heart shape.
- Copy and past the heart shape as many times as you want.
- Print documents.
- Photocopy on red paper
- Use paper cuter to chip paper into small squares
- Take home and let your kids draw/paint/apply stickers.
All it took was about 15 minutes in the evening and the kidlets have “made” their own Valentine’s Day cards. They’re only 2 and 4 so nobody expects these things to look any good. Plus, if you still haven’t gotten your shit together to do cards for your kid’s class, you still have time. Just bring home the little paper squares tomorrow after work and you’re done!
Take that all you Pinterest crazed Martha moms!