Just go pee on the floor:Monday Quotes # 29

“If you need some time off, just go pee on the floor.” A colleague of mine who shall remain nameless.

I’ve had discussions with co-workers  friends, and family members about the laid back approach to supervision that can occur in unionised workplaces. I like to think that I am professional, hard-working, honest, and mostly sane while at my workplace. Occasionally I see or hear about behaviour that is none of those things.

What might be grounds for dismissal in the corporate world, will not necessarily bring the same results while under protection of a mighty union. Hence the joke, “If you need some time off, just go pee on the floor!”

Which leads me to wonder… in the position of “Mother” in my non-union and non-corporate environment, what could I do to get some time off? You know, in a nice, spa-like setting, with meal service, and maids to do the cleaning.

I’m pretty sure that peeing on the floor isn’t going to get me anything but more work at my house!

What would you do for a break?

This entry was posted in Parenthood and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Just go pee on the floor:Monday Quotes # 29

1. Shel says:

I doubt this would work for me, either…a lady in my office pooed herself at work, and all she got was an afternoon to go change her pants. I don’t know if I’m willing to go that far, anyway.

2. momtimes4 says:

Peeing on the floor at my house is a common occurrence with boys around, so I’m pretty sure no one would care if I did it.

3. Lorinda says:

I’ve considered taking up smoking…in several jobs I’ve had it was only the smokers who got to leave their posts. It’s all about life balance right?

4. bjklinetobe says:

When in doubt and the possibility of having a nervous breakdown (I am a stay-at-home-Dad) I go for a dirve when my wife gets home.

5. As a woman, I like to emphasize the monthly cramps when I need a break. I’ve found that doubling over in pain and moaning incoherently does the trick 😉

6. Comely Miss says:

You guys have to pee on the floor? All we ever had to do was say we “Had a anger/drinking/drug/mental problem” and we received a two week long retreat in Big Bear, Ca which we all dubbed “Camp Snoopy.”

7. Finnella says:

I don’t think it would attract any attention. We have a cat that pees everywhere plus an elderly dog. Plus I potty trained the boys by taking their diapers off and letting them run around mostly naked. The method worked great on my first kid but my second boy danced in the pee. I’m so very lucky to have hard wood floors instead of carpet.

8. workingmommawithababy says:

You could always go to a “work conference” –professional development and mental wellness starts with a spa day right?