Deep Thoughts: When children whine

ImageI think that a good way for parents to encourage their children not to whine is to tell them that every time they do it, a goldfish dies. Goldfish are cheap so you could get a whole bunch in a tank. Every time your child whines, kill one and let it float there so they can see what happens to their pet fish when they whine.

This entry was posted in Deep Thoughts for Parents, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Deep Thoughts: When children whine

1. I feel guilty laughing at this, but DAMN, it’s a good idea!

2. … beginning of new religion…

3. Marie says:

Reblogged this on Fish Tank Mom and commented:
    This made me laugh out loud today – simply had to reblog. It is true laughing is natures best medicine and we often take parenting too seriously – especially in the beginning. To all of you newbie parents in particular this is the best kind of blog for you.

4. Marie says:

Love it – shared it/reblogged. Laughing is good!

5. gavmomof2 says:

You are too funny!

6. motheronedge says:

Love your parenting tips!

7. 321 Equals Six says:

This is funny. Seriously funny. And, I am seriously tempted.

8. sillyliss says:

This is an awesome tip, but what happens if they all die before the child even whines? It could happen!

• What kind of children do you have?! Are you saying they can go the lifespan of a goldfish without ever whining? That’s incredible!

• sillyliss says:

Well, the fish only last for me about a minute apiece. The whining generally starts when the fish dies and then I have nothing to kill in order to end the whining. I guess in that case, I could end the whining by saying that the next person who whines has to sleep with the dead fishes.

• I think the threat of sleeping with a dead fish would also be an effective parenting tool!

9. Devious and evil! I LOVE it! In case you’re getting driven up the wall by children’s TV, I have reviews slamming Dora and Bob, etc. I found it very cathartic.