Barney Confession

I don’t hate Barney the purple dinosaur.

Both of my kids like watching his shows. It’s probably my fault because I banned it for so long. It has now become the go-to show in our house. I’m more than a little embarrassed to admit it publicly.

My kids are developing extremely strong likes and dislikes for shows so unless we want to let them each watch on a different television, we’ll be watching Barney. Or Blue’s Clues. But I really, really hate Blue’s Clues.

This entry was posted in Childcare, Parenthood and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Barney Confession

1. momtimes4 says:

Oh you poor soul! My youngest LOVES Barney. It is literally the only show he will watch.

2. 1tric says:

Survived fifteen years of Barney! Held America responsible for a long time. Nearly broke my neck having to run in for “I love you” each time with my kids roaring “Moooooooom!”.

3. jennnadams says:

I actually dislike both, blues clues and barney. Im not sure why but Im a fan of SpongeBob and will find myself watching it even after my daughter leaves the room. She even watches Dora and and Diego.

4. The saddest part is when the only songs you know are the theme tune to Blues Clues and songs from Barney. That’s rock bottom!

5. over40and pregnant says:

As long as it isn’t MAX and RUBY! My 4 y/o even knows it’s banned, he’ll let me know if it comes on so I can change it or turn it off!

6. Bex Hagan says:

Glad to know I’m not the only one who’s banning certain kids shows in their house. Little Bear has just turned one so he isn’t too particular about what he’s watching as long as there’s music in it. He does have a favorite, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and the fact that I’ve seen the same episode about Donald becoming a genie irks me to no end! But I absolutely refuse to let him watch Yo Gabba Gabba. That show scares the pants off me and makes me feel like I’m having an acid flashback. I’m really hoping he’ll just never discover it exists!

7. One Funny Motha says:

Really? I always liked Blue’s Clues but HATED Barney. I know Barney is a good show for kids but he just irritated the crap out of me. The one that was banned was Telle Tubbies. Is that still on? That was like the weirded show on earth. They couldn’t even talk. It made no sense. My favorites were Arthur and then Phineus & Ferb.