I’m pretty sure my kids are not going to grow up to be complete morons. Along the way, my goal as a parent is to teach them stuff. Important stuff.
Unfortunately, some of that learning is taking longer than I think it reasonably should.
Things I Wish My Kids Would Learn
- Which shoe goes on which foot.
- How to flush the toilet after you take care of business.
- When you ask me to do something for you and I’m in the middle of doing it, I cannot do the next thing you ask me to do and still finish the first thing.
- Whining is never going to get you anything nice.
- Whining longer is never going to make mommy happier, only angrier and more frustrated.
- Throwing stuff is going to result in a time out. Every time.
- At the end of every day is bedtime. There will never not be a bedtime at the end of the day.
- I cannot re-inflate a balloon that has popped.
- I cannot read you a story while I am driving the minivan.
What do you wish your kids would learn?