If you have children, you know that some meltdowns hit you out of nowhere. You try to make sure they are fed before they have a hungry meltdown, you put them to bed before the tired meltdown, you keep an eye on things before you reach the standing-bored-for-too-long-in-a-lineup meltdown. But sometimes, your kid just freaking freaks out.
I have a theory that this is related to temporary demon possession.
Sometimes, they melt down over the stupidest things. Here’s my list, can you add to it?
- New food for dinner. My son screamed like we were stabbing him with sharp knives. It was pulled pork dammit and it was delicious!
- Leggings were too bendy. I don’t even know what this means!
- Dress isn’t twirly or pretty enough.
- Music isn’t loud enough.
- Music is too loud.
- Didn’t put enough mini wheats in the bowl.
- Looked at her.
- Talked to him.
- Selected the wrong episode of Animal Mechanicals.
- Stopped at a stop light.
- Didn’t put enough food items on the plate.
- Hates my picture of a rainbow.
I could go on, but just thinking about it makes me want to bring up another bottle of wine from the basement.