There was a little girl,
And she had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very, very good,
And when she was bad she was horrid.
by HW Longfellow
We’ve had some “horrid” lately around our place and my nerves are starting to get a little frayed. Thank heavens I have a job to go to all day and can drop the children off for someone else to deal with. Going to work counts as a break sometimes. If you work outside the home, you know what I mean. If you work all day with children underfoot, trust me… it counts.
Some examples of the “horrid”
- wrong pink plate = epic temper tantrum
- hit her brother and got a time out = epic temper tantrum
- mommy didn’t know what she wanted even though she didn’t say a single word = epic temper tantrum
- the TV show ended = epic temper tantrum
- she didn’t like the picture she just drew = epic temper tantrum
I keep telling myself it’s just a phase, it’s just a phase, it’s just a phase…. You get the picture. She might be growing, she might be anxious about the transition from daycare to kindergarten, she might be feeling a little sick, she might be a foul tempered little diva, who knows! I just hope it ends before I completely lose all my funny and what little is left of my sanity.