I’m not big on New Year’s resolutions, and based on what I’m reading on some of your blogs, neither are most of you. It’s not an arbitrary dislike either, I have real scientific reasons not to like NYRs.
- The majority of NYRs are completely unrealistic.
- Setting unrealistic goals leads to failure.
- Failure leads to depression.
- 95% of people fail to meet their NYRs before spring even rolls around.
- Which means that 95% of people who make NYRs are depressed.
See… science proves that making resolutions leads to failure and depression!
Okay fine, I completely fabricated the stats, but they’re probably true based on anecdotal evidence from the few crazy people I know who still make resolutions.
I just happen to think that one should either do something or not do it. Resolving to try… well… Yoda said it best, “Either do or do not, there is no try.”
PS I really loved the new Star Wars movie.